Sunday, February 15, 2009

Think about it!

Do you ever wish you could just "let it rip?" I'm talking about just telling it like it is, or just completely telling just one person or even a group of people just what is on your mind. We all do it from time to time, but some of us (including me) just hold back, thinking about the repercussions and figuring that it just isn't worth it. I think that not telling like it is is just being untrue to yourself. I'm pretty guilty of this, and I'm the first to admit it. The problem is that if we don't we aren't doing the right thing for ourselves or the people around us.

Of course there are those times with people we don't know very well, or if we are just trying to be kind. I am talking about when it comes to those nearest and dearest. One of these days I will have this problem licked, at the moment I am kind of spotty at it, and I hate it!!! I am absolutely committed to this!

On a separate note; I got into a car accident last Saturday night. Actually there were no other cars involved, just mine. I had been on the road for about 20 minutes and went from I-275 to highway M-14. We had gotten a fair amount of snow that day, but the roads really were in pretty good condition. The only thing that I can figure happened is that I hit some slush and the car started "fish tailing". I couldn't get it back and went off the right side of the road. Once on the grass the entire terrain filtered toward a huge concrete drainage tube. I saw it coming and tried everything I could to miss it. Luckily, I think I only caught the top portion of it. When I say luckily, it's because the car is completely totalled. I don't think I would be here if there were a few inches in difference. It's one of those moments that really make you think about life! I got pretty banged up from where the seat belt crosses your body. I got really lucky!

We should all think twice when we sweat the small stuff. Life can be snuffed out in a moment!

2 comments:

  1. Well you wrote this in Feb. It is now April. I am finaaly commented. How is it going? This is difficult to do mainly because of reactions and emotions we get from others. Than we are in the position to deal with their emotions. Be true to yourself. I work on this daily. Yes, I am codependent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is asking for another comment. Interesting how blogs can tell you what to do???
    Your cousin, Lisa has a blog also on her Gochgazette website. I guess we need to have ourselves heard... You are the best!

    ReplyDelete