Thursday, February 5, 2009

2/6/09

What another interesting day! Well, I think every day is an interesting day. If I were any other profession, I think I would be a sociologist. I have heard the definition of a sociologist is a guy sitting in a nude bar, but rather than looking at the women, he is fascinated by the reaction of all the men looking at the women. It is really amazing how a naked lady can completely change the way a man thinks, not to mention making sure he left all his money with them.:)



You hear things in the news every day. It's amazing how as a group, people will come together to the aid of others on a large scale. However, on a more individual basis it is equally amazing how little tolerance people have for one another. Even when they say they care. As I get older it makes me think more of the saying "every man for himself." Put someone behind the wheel of a car and they become a terrorist in training. I've had many cars in my life. In 2000 I owned a Corvette convertible. It isn't that I was looking for it, but you just get so many "admiring" looks. Being in the construction business, I spend most of my time driving a rather large truck. When you get in front of someone with the truck you have to see the looks to believe them. Big trucks can't stop on a dime. When they get behind you, they'll flip you off once they pass you, it's as though their day has been completely ruined. It gives me a whole new respect for the people who drive 18 wheelers. People won't let them in, or they always get cut off and then we all wonder how these major accidents start and always want to blame the truck driver. If you think about it, these trucks are necessary to service your home or office, or get food on the grocery store shelves, etc. We would be in trouble without them. Think twice next time.

Here is an interesting thought for the day. If we started spending 1 million dollars a day every day since Jesus was born, it still wouldn't add up to the total of the President's proposed stimulus bill. I don't know about you, but I think that is a lot of money.:)

I'm off to the trenches, another day, another penny. I hope you all have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment